Re: [AMBER-Developers] CMake vs configure2 in Amber

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 11:28:53 -0700

The script to make f90depends is broken. It could be fixed. But I just do
parallel makes on my machine and fix it manually. It takes about 5 minutes
once you have the build itself below 1 minute.

I maintain decoupling PMEMD from the rest of AmberTools solves my personal
problem to the point I might even enable a bespoke PMEMD cmake to keep up
with the cool kids.

And while rewriting in C/C++ sounds cool a priori, and in fact I did that
as a grad student back in 1991 so I know it's not hard, I like that F90
keeps scientists away from the greasy kids stuff of C++14 and beyond. I
mean you guys had C++11 support and you *still* added boost to PMEMD. Sad.