Re: [AMBER-Developers] Relaxed, converged and equilibrated

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 10:37:13 -0500

Not quite...

Feynman' example was for graphite vs diamond.

You can look at diamond essentially forever, with its own phonons
'equilibrated', but at longer time scales, probably > 10^15 years, it
MUST turn into graphite.

So, his fast and slow were for what we would call non-ergodic systems.

In our day to day simulations, if you have a protein that can
fold/unfold in milliseconds, the time scale separation gets trickier.

Adrian

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry