[AMBER-Developers] Fwd: [AMBER] Creating input files using tleap

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 09:13:54 -0500

Good morning!

  [Developers: Amber does a piss-poor job of supporting modified
nucleotides.
The all_modrna09 files are not compatible with current RNA atom types, and
there are only scattered instances of modified deoxy-nucleotides. We should
also have standard entries for the 2'-O-methyl modifications. I'm hoping
that some DNA/RNA person will step up to help get this organized. Might
this be a good summer undergrad project?]

Funny you should mention this, Dave -
After spending more time than I wanted to spend putting together DU LEaP
library files, I have a SURF (paid fellowship) project this summer that
will cover some of what you mentioned below.
My main interest is in chemical modifications to RNA that are being used in
siRNA drugs, so the 2'OMe and 2'F, etc. parameters, which I planned on
incorporating into at least one RNA force field, but I can follow up with
other modifications too.

If anyone else is moving forward with this, I'd be happy to
help/collaborate, and potentially can host a Summer student (virtually, of
course).

-Christina