[AMBER-Developers] Interested in Stats for MD?

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 08:46:42 +0000

A couple years ago at the Dev meeting, I showed a quick slide about statistics of MD simulations. A few folks were very interested in it (yay!). I've forgotten the names of those people, likely due to the shame of taking so long to make progress on the project. If you are one of them, or if you are someone else with interest, let me know.

That project is finally maturing.

An offer was made to read early versions of the manuscript. Are you still interested? Is anyone else?

For others who are still reading and are interested: this is an elaboration on and combination-ish of methods from Flybjerg and from Jacucci and Rahman. It can give useful info on several statistical tasks relevant to MD. I'm working with a stats prof (Nicole Lazar, Penn State), and we have a very talented undergrad (Yumo Peng, UGA) working with us.

The undergrad is looking for grad school starting fall 2021 if you happen to be looking for someone with stats knowledge who also has learned a little about MD. Double major in stats and math. Likes theory.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley (she/her/hers)
Associate Research Scientist
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center