[AMBER-Developers] Initial steps toward the 2021 (Virtual) Amber Developers' Meeting

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 17:27:05 -0500

Hi everyone:

The Amber executive committee is formulating plans for the 2021 Amber
Developers' Meeting. Our tentative plan is to have three sessions, on
February 12, 19 and 26 (all Fridays) for about four hours each.

When we met in person, we generally scheduled 20 hours of talks over 2.5
days. The consensus is that Zoom meetings are more tiring than
in-person ones, and we are limiting talks and discussions to 12 hours.

To make this work, we will be asking people to submit short and informal
abstracts, from which the committee will choose oral presentations. There
can be no more than one talk per group, and work that has an impact
on AmberTools21, or on pending interim updates to Amber, will receive
priority. There will opportunities to post slides or posters, to help
bring us all up to date. Another good feature of a virtual meeting is
that more people can attend.

The meeting will be co-organized by Carlos Simmerling, Adrian Roitberg,
and me. More details will be coming early in 2021. What you can do
know is (a) let me know if these dates are really bad for you, (but no
guarantees); and (b) think about what you might want to present. As
always, suggestions and comments are welcome.

....thanks....dac