Re: [AMBER-Developers] Nvidia DGX A100

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 12:11:29 -0700

Okay I am neck-deep in fixing basic failures that a debug build would have
exposed. It came down to three lines of code overriding the behavior of
nvcc illegally and incorrectly and don't ever do it again. seriously do not
override compiler macros with your idea of how things should be no matter
how hard you have convinced yourself it's a good idea because it's not a
good idea.

But if you hand me a specific test, not a log of a bunch of tests, I can
hyper focus on that specific test with a debug build and figure it out but
I was hoping maybe just maybe some of that work could be delegated to
someone else in the Amber community and then I could provide an assist.

We should all be building a debug build of this application occasionally
because it will reveal all sorts of stuff that fails invisibly in the
release builds.

I currently do not have access to Ampere Hardware. I am working on that and
there are people trying to help me change that situation but the University
of Florida has infinitely more Ampere Hardware than I do at the moment.
Come on guys we need to own our $h!+ here.