Re: [AMBER-Developers] Faster NetFrc

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 18:05:59 -0400

I agree with Taisung's idea--doing the netfrc correction immediately after
(or even in the same kernel as) the PME gradient sum will have it happen
before any spreading occurs, so any further netfrc accumulation after that
will be solely a function of 1.) conserved forces that automagically... or
2.) fp32 roundoff error, if there is any, in the kOrientForces() kernel.
(In my new frame types there are some places where I revert to fp32 after
getting displacements down to the level of local coordinate frames, as many
more registers may be needed for several of the new frame styles.)

Dave