Re: [AMBER-Developers] Release candidate 5 for Amber20/AmberTools20

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 22:53:09 -0400

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, Brent Krueger wrote:

>Gerald -- CentOS 8 with MPICH does seem to be working for me. Build was
>find and tests are ongoing -- but most/all seem to be passing so far.
>
>However, I can NOT build CUDA (either 10.1 or 10.2) with CentOS 8
>successfully anymore. Both 10.1 and 10.2 worked fine with CentOS 8 for me
>with RC4 and RC3.

This is expected; sorry for the wasted time. I had thought that all
code changes had gone through jenkins, so I didn't personally test RC5
on CUDA (since jenkins should have done that.) But somehow, this didn't
work and no CUDA tests will build with cmake.

We have a fix.

You might work directly with Gerald about CentOS 8. Might depend on
exactly what you mean by "MPICH": did that come from the default package
manager?

...thx...dac