[AMBER-Developers] Getting ready for the 2020 Amber release

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:05:14 -0500

Hi everyone:

Here are some points to keep in mind as we get ready for the upcoming
2020 release in April:

1. Code freeze deadline is March 6. (Updates to the Reference Manual
will be accepted through most of March.)

2. We are having our annual artwork contest for the front cover. Please
have a white or light background, and a good quality and interesting
image. Preference will be given to image novelty and quality, to
entries that are in portrait mode, to entries that relate to a published
article using the Amber software, and to those who have not "won"
before. Email entries to DAC by early March.

3. We are moving to the cmake build system. Basics are in Chapter 2 of
the (draft) Reference Manual, and also here:

    http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CMake-Quick-Start

Please try this out. If you are making changes to Makefiles, try to
make the corresponding changes to the CMakeLists.txt file in the same
directory.

4. Look over and edit "your" section of the Reference Manual. Even if the
code is unchanged, there may be ways to provide more or better examples,
to explain things more clearly, or to remove outdated material.

5. Add discussion points and questions to the wiki discussion page:

    http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber20

Password for editing is "pakrules". For specific code-related things,
you can create or add to discussions as Issues on gitlab.

...thanks in advance!....dac