Re: [AMBER-Developers] requirement for an even number of replicas in replica exchange?

From: koushik kasavajhala <koushik.sbiiit.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 12:11:01 -0400

To add to what Carlos has said, the main problem might arise during
mpi_send() and mpi_recv() calls. Currently, different variables are sent
and received during REMD using the MPI protocols. I am not sure how these
would work when odd number of replicas/processors are used. Maybe others
might know how to overcome this. In terms of doing the exchange calculation
itself, it should be trivial to perform with odd number of replicas.