Re: [AMBER-Developers] Deprecated messages in CUDA compilations.... STOP!

From: Jamie Smith <jsmith.crackofdawn.onmicrosoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 21:08:30 +0000

The CMake build system gives a somewhat different error message, many many times (almost 50MB of logs per build):

/iscratch/jenkins/home/workspace/Amber/AmberLinux/src/pmemd/src/cuda/kNLCINE.h(528): warning: function "__shfl(unsigned int, int, int)"
/opt/cuda/9.0/include/sm_30_intrinsics.hpp(167): here was declared deprecated ("__shfl() is deprecated in favor of __shfl_sync() and may be removed in a future release (Use -Wno-deprecated-declarations to suppress this warning).")

It looks like kNLCLINE.h uses __shfl() all over the place. Is this something we're able to fix? Because it would certainly be nice. I had to buy one of those momentum-scrolling mice just so I could scroll through Jenkins logs more quickly.