[AMBER-Developers] Amber18/AmberTools18 release candidate 5

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 16:24:29 -0400

Hi everyone:

You can get the fifth, and final (!?!), release candidate (RC5) tarballs here:

   ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools18.10apr18.tar.bz2.rccjlm
   ambermd.org/downloads/Amber18.10apr18.tar.bz2.rccjlm

Strip off the final suffix, untar and test.

You can see test summaries here:

   ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber18Test

Go ahead and add your own (editing password is "pakrules").

Notes:

1. I think we are in a state to release the code for gnu compilers.
The results for Intel17 and PGI17 are also on a par with previous releases,
although the remaining problems are of concern. But unless someone has
tons of time right now (or penetrating insights), we'll have to live
with them.

2. Some brave soul can comment out the trap on Intel18 in configure2,
and try to summarize the current results. But my expectation is that
things are so bad in parallel there that we will have to continue to say
that we cannot (yet) support the Intel18 compilers.

3. There are still a few days to push changes to the Manual; proposed
changes to the codes will have to pass an increasingly high barrier.
I'm tired of working on this, and we have an update mechanism for
pushing fixes after the release.

Thanks to all who helped out during the past month! It's been quite
gratifying to see how much effort people were willing to put in.

...regards...dac