[AMBER-Developers] Getting ready for Amber18/AmberTools18, part deux

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:43:11 -0500

News from the Amber18 release front:

1. I am now working from a (private) amber18-with-patches branch.
   The public tag "amber18-release-branchpoint" marks the spot where
   I branched from.

2. New commits (other than to the doc subdirectory) will not automatically
   become part of the release. Commit (carefully!) to master and email
   me (dac) to request a cherry-pick to the release branch.

   Please try to avoid dribbling in lots of little commits, in favor of
   holding off for bigger ones -- but use common sense here. If you
   feel a need to make fine-grained commits, contact me to arrange to
   be able to commit directly to the release branch; but remember, you
   then have to arrange that everything also gets committed to master.

3. The master branch is still the correct place to commit updates to
   the documentation. I will monitor that, so you don't need to send
   special emails if you update things in the doc subdirectory.

4. Coming soon will be the announcement of a release-candidate tarball.
   As in past years, these are snapshots of what users will get, so it
   is the tarballs (and not any git repo) that we will be testing over
   the next few weeks.

....dac