Re: [AMBER-Developers] python dependency

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 21:38:20 -0400

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017, Jason Swails wrote:

> it [update_amber] is the only
> Python package you simply *can't* refuse to use in Amber :). [1]
>
> [1] Except, of course, if you use --no-updates (must be first argument
> after ./configure), as Dave also mentioned.

We could document the bare-bones Linux path where the user first runs
"./configure --no-updates", then installs Miniconda, then re-runs
configure.

Alternative is to make configure a little smarter: have it check to see if
python is present, and to skip the update step if not (with appropriate
messages about re-running configure later).

....dac