Re: [AMBER-Developers] Cannot access submodules (due to odd permissions?)

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:33:03 -0400

I've also tried

git submodule foreach git pull

It's complaining

Entering 'AmberTools/src/ambertools-binary-build'
You are not currently on a branch. Please specify which
branch you want to merge with. See git-pull(1) for details.

    git pull <remote> <branch>

Stopping at 'AmberTools/src/ambertools-binary-build'; script returned
non-zero status.

I can do git pull, again seeing that I'm already up-to-date, and git
checkout master, to see that I'm already on master. I can also go into
AmberTools/src/ambertools-binary-build/ and do

git clone https://github.com/Amber-MD/ambertools-binary-build.git

to see if that helps. Still no luck. That gets me:

Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.
Unable to fetch in submodule path 'AmberTools/src/build-bot/ambertools-test'

which is a familiar error.

So, I suppose what I should be trying to do at this point is make a fresh
clone and get its submodules initialized, but I need a protocol for doing
that. What I'm trying to do at the moment is:

git clone gitosis.git.ambermd.org:/amber.git <new amber repo>
cd <new amber repo>/AmberTools/src/build-bot/
git clone https://github.com/Amber-MD/ambertools-ci.git
cd <new amber repo>/AmberTools/src/ambertools-binary-build/
git clone https://github.com/Amber-MD/ambertools-binary-build.git
cd <new amber repo>
git pull
git submodule update --init

But, this is not working for various errors shown above.

Dave