Re: [AMBER-Developers] About the reproducibility of MD simulations

From: Alexey Onufriev <alexey.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 00:35:47 -0400

Hi Pengfei,

if you did that on multiple cores, than this is OK if the results diverge
slowly with the number of steps.

Even though the seed is the same, the order in which the cores are called
by the master may not be the same in the second run. As a result, the order
of the real numbers in the sums may be different, and that can lead to
slight differences in the sum values, which can accumulate over multiple
steps. Perhaps there are other reasons as well.

best, Alexey