Re: [AMBER-Developers] problems in buildling pbsa.cuda

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 18:50:40 -0700

On Fri, Apr 07, 2017, Brent Krueger wrote:

> This may mean that we can no longer support older compilers with cuda?
> Something we can worry about more with amber18.

It's pretty unusal (I think) not to have access to gnu compilers, which
is what is recommended for pmemd.cuda. (There is no point in using
Intel, since nothing happens on the cpu side anyway.) I've a feeling that we
should be helping figure out to make it easier to install gcc/gfortran
(doesn't require any root access) than to work on a five-year old Intel
compiler.

For now, just comment out the line in AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/Makefile
that builds pbsa.cuda.

....dac