[AMBER-Developers] Energy conservation problems with pmemd.CUDA

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:10:06 -0700

Hello,

I’m running into some problems with energy conservation in an NVE system with pmemd.cuda. I’m running multiple versions of the same system (OPC water with a small molecule) using the same input parameters but different temperatures. Some of these runs show poor energy conservation, heating ~15 K over 50 ns but not all. The same input files run with pmemd.MPI show no obvious heating. I’ve attached plots of the respective output and a tarball with a sample run.

GPU runs were with pmemd.cuda_SPFP. I’ve tried both the fully patch Amber 16 branch, and the master branch.

I’d like to know if there is something I’m doing wrong or if there is a problem with pmemd.cuda_SPFP.

Thank you,

Tyler