Re: [AMBER-Developers] CUDA build fails for PBSA

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:39:29 -0500

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017, Dan Roe wrote:

> Also, note that cusp is distributed under the Apache 2.0 license,
> which appears to be incompatible with the gnu LGPL 2.1 that Amber is
> distributed under:
> https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2

Where do we mention LGPL v2? Both the LICENSE file and the GNU_LGPL_v3 file
in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools state that we use version 3 of the GPL and LGPL.
And version 3 is compatible with apache2, according to the web page cited
above.

I'm guessing that somewhere else there must be an (incorrect) reference to
LGPL 2.1; if so, we should get that fixed.

Ray: be sure to update the LICENSE file if we are planning to include cusp
libraries in the distribution. (Seems dangerous at this late date--has
any Amber person ever used these libraries with portland group, intel, cray,
etc compilers?)

....dac