Re: [AMBER-Developers] Should we add more troubleshooting to the Makefile?

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 22:14:06 -0500

I've settled on my solution for the make recipes. I'm setting the thing
generally to .SILENT, but there's an extra variable the Makefile can take
as an input argument that will cause one-line names of objects to get
printed as the compile, or at a higher setting print the recipes for
compiling them just like would normally be seen. The edits to the Makefile
are minimal but the user gets a lot more control of how much he or she
sees. Now I just need to find out how to put an option in the configure
script to carry that argument down from the command line, and I'll be able
to replicate the behavior in other Makefiles.

Dave