Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fwd: Amber 'configure' now forcing miniconda?

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 13:23:44 -0500

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016, Hai Nguyen wrote:

> I actually updated configure2 to follow your option A (which I agree with
> too).

...thx...that means we automatically advance to option D!

A few questions:

1. do we know which programs require scipy? Can we try to get rid of that?

2. are we actually set up so that users don't need cython?

3. What does "optional" mean in your new configure2 script? I think we would
be better off referring users to a web page/wiki for info about which python
packages are needed for what, rather than to try to cram all that information
into a configure2 usage statement that will quickly get out of date.

4. Has anyone (e.g. Dan) tried a soft-link to have their
$AMBERHOME/miniconda directory point to a common anaconda tree? This might be
a simple way for developers to have many amber trees without having many
miniconda installations. (Not sure this will work, but it seems worth
trying...)

....dac