Re: [AMBER-Developers] About GB Atomic Radii for Calculating SASA

From: Romain M. Wolf <romain.wolf.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:01:31 +0100

Using gbsa=2 in sander (no gradients with this setting, used for single coordinate sets only), results seem very close to those obtained with molsurf (at least in some examples I have tried for evaluating the SASA in MMGB/SA computations). The LPCO method usually generates somewhat smaller contributions of SASA.
With molsurf itself, I have sometimes experienced problems in my MMGB/SA protocols. For a small fraction (1% of less) of instantaneous frames, molsurf (called from NAB) fails (for reasons I have not been able to figure out).

---regards---romain

Romain M. Wolf
romain.wolf.gmail.com