Re: [AMBER-Developers] Docker Image for AmberTools

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 05:29:22 +0000

Thanks for checking it out!

I based the image on the official python 3 image. It isn't a 'system' python, but rather the python that the python folks installed. I felt safer using that because I'm not a python expert. But, it doesn't matter to me - using miniconda is fine. Basing the image on OpenMPI or on an NVIDIA gpu-enabled image might be better long-term.

I didn't run tests other than those two tests of my own, and I had to tweak a little to get those to work. I would be surprised if there aren't other problems here and there, or in lots of places.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Associate Research Scientist
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center