Re: [AMBER-Developers] Tutorials

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:14:54 -0400

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:00 PM, David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I was asking Dave earlier; I was under the impression that,
> like the software, there is a moderation process and so things that get
> pushed to master are NOT world-viewable until they graduate from the master
> branch to the directories actually on ambermd.org/ , but apparently I am
> mistaken and anyone with write access to amber_web can change the webpage
> at will.

Sort of. The 'upstream' repository is not the live website, but the live
website pulls from it.

But it's inconvenient for most people to do real-world testing on a
proposed change without making the webpage live (most people won't be able
to look at it until it goes live).

So don't make any changes to the master branch that you don't intend to go
live immediately as a general rule of thumb.

All the best,