Re: [AMBER-Developers] problems with sander compiliation with -rism, -mpi and Intel 16.0.1

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 12:21:14 -0500

On Fri, Mar 04, 2016, Tim Giese wrote:

> Check to see if the link line contains "-lfftw3_mpi -lfftw3"
> because fftw_imax is defined in fftw3, not fftw3_mpi. Therefore, if the
> link line merely contains "-lfftw3_mpi", then it is missing fftw_imax.

That is it. The config.h file is correct, but on Feb. 28, Jason changed
the sander Makefile like this:

- $(FLIBS_RISMSANDER) $(FLIBS_FFTW3) $(FLIBSF) \
+ $(FLIBS_RISMSANDER) $(FFTW3) $(FLIBSF) \

that is FLIBS_FFTW3 (which expands to "-lfftw3_mpi -lfftw3" got replaced
with FFTW3 (expands to only libfftw3_mpi.a).

So, for Jason:
  Why the above change? the log indicates a desire to force linking to
the static libraries, but then I'm guessing this should include libfftw3.a

In general: config.h has a very confusing set of defines:
   FLIBS (used for nab, but contains fftw links)
   FLIBS_FFTW3 what *should* be used (I think) for fortran programs that
                 link in fftw3
   FFTWLIB not sure where this is used, pmemd I think
   FFTW3 for static linking to fftw3

I'm going to try expanding FFTW3 to include libfftw3.a, but this variable
should have a more descriptive name, if we indeed need it.

...thanks, Tim.....dac