Re: [AMBER-Developers] git logs and squashing commits

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:12:21 +0100

Hi,

This problem was already raised a couple of weeks ago by Ross: by using
squash commits, git sees only one total commit. If you run "git blame
amber.bib", then you will see the commit md5sum of this squashed commit
and not an individual one inside the squashed commit. This means that
the change of one individual file is related to a sum of changes. Thus
if one wants more details about that commit (with its title and log),
then the only thing you get is a big log with potentially hundreds of
changes and files involved. It's then difficult to understand what's
going on there.

Best,

Gerald.

  Prof. Gerald MONARD