[AMBER-Developers] Python issues...

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:28:22 -0800

Enterprise system

Redhat 7.0 - Default Developer Install - Fully up to date.

>which Python
/usr/bin/python

>python -V
Python 2.7.5

And yet AMBER ./configure gnu gives:

No compatible Python installation found. I can download one from Continuum
via Miniconda with all prerequisites. This will only need to be done once.
This may take several minutes and will require Internet access.
Should I do that? [y/n]

Is the check just not working properly?

Can this be fixed please?

In my opinion AMBER should build without issue on a Redhat default install given this represents >90% of commercial Linux installs so we should do our best to support this type of environment. We should only need to download a big third party python package on weird systems like OSX, ancient Linux OS's etc.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/