Re: [AMBER-Developers] Leap inconsistencies with wildcard torsion (surprise)

From: Niel Henriksen <shireham.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:42:37 -0800

Hi All,

Thanks for your analysis. I am actually less worried at the moment about
whether the specific torsion SHOULD overwrite the generic torsion or not.
 (Although it would be nice to have this cleared up.) What worries me is
that the behavior is not consistent within the same molecule for identical
chemical groups. Some of the "hc-c3-c -o" connectivities show that the
generic torsion IS getting removed, whereas in other "hc-c3-c -o"
connectivities it is NOT removed ... all within the same molecule.

Perhaps there is some subtle reason why this behavior is correct. But if
it is a bug, then it doesn't matter what we decide is the correct behavior
because it appears that LEaP is already not following the "rules"
consistently.

--Niel
ps, I attached .mol2, .frcmod, and tleap.in file for anyone who wants to
debug