[AMBER-Developers] Release candidate 1 for AmberTools 15

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:07:53 -0400

Hi everyone,

We are nearing our targeted release date in April for AmberTools 15. I've
created the first release candidate that can be found here:
http://ambermd.org/rc_downloads/AmberTools15.31mar15.tar.bz2

Please download the release candidate and test it on as many platforms
(with as many compilers) as you have access to (it is not the same as
git). In particular, the compilers we purport to support are:

gnu (gcc, g++, gfortran)
intel (icc, icpc, ifort)
pgi (pgcc, pgCC, pgf90)
clang (clang, clang++, gfortran)

And some lesser-tested (and not-advertised) targets:

cray (cc, CC, ftn)
open64 (opencc, openCC, openf90)

We also want to make sure that AmberTools 15 works both with Amber 14 and
as a standalone package, so if you can test AmberTools 15 both with and
without Amber 14, that would be great. And testing the MPI and OpenMP
parallel builds is appreciated as well.

So if you can, please download the tarball, build it with/without Amber 14,
with MPI and OpenMP, and post the results of the test suite on the Amber
wiki: http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/index.php/Main/Amber15Test (if you forget
the password to edit, please feel free to contact me for it).

Thanks!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher