[AMBER-Developers] Commit access

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:15:47 -0400

Hi everyone,

It’s been a little longer than anticipated, but we have created the new amber15-with-patches release branch and I have reopened commit access to everybody that had it before the code freeze. You can start pushing stuff back to the repository at any point now with just two small restrictions:

1. Please do not push to amber15-with-patches. This will be what gets released. If you push a bugfix that needs to be included in the release, please put a message to that effect in the git commit log with a description of what was fixed, and send Dave (you can include me as well if you want) an email letting us know that your last commit needs to be included in the release (if you put a message in the git log, chances are we will see it).

2. Please treat the manual (Amber.lyx) as though it will be the released manual, so do not document features that will not be released with Amber(Tools) 15. (I think) we welcome proofreading corrections and clarity improvements in our documentation (as long as those changes are, in your estimation, sufficiently small and localized).

I am hoping that Dave will correct any points that I may have misunderstood or misrepresented.

Thanks!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher