Re: [AMBER-Developers] gcc 4.1.2

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:57:32 -0400

I'll just add another voice to represent those who work with older
systems. If nothing else, I'll confirm that my group is one who actively
uses a 4.1.2 system all the time as our primary system and there are no
plans to upgrade this anytime soon.

I think that most AMBER developers are much closer to the edge with regard
to O/S upgrades than the AMBER user community, so what is old for most
developers is 'stable' to most of the users. Maintaining support for O/S
that are 5-ish years old (e.g. CentOS 5.6) is not crazy in my opinion.

Cheers,
Brent