[AMBER-Developers] Some notes and questions from the recent developers' meeting

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:58:15 -0500

Hi everyone:

Here are a few points that came up at the recent developers' meeting:
    (see photos at the Amber web site)

1. Please visit and update the contributors' page:
       http://ambermd.org/contributors.html

2. Please update publications in the Reference Manual; add new relevant
       publications. If you don't cite your papers, who will?

3. We need a good way to refer to the combination "AmberTools15 + Amber14".
       At the meeting, I indicated a preference for just calling this
       "Amber15", but I think that is likely to be quite confusing. Maybe
       there is no shorter name that works, but suggestions are welcome.

4. Code deadline for AmberTools15 is *March 6*; documentation deadline is
       *March 15*. Remember the general rule: only features that are actually
       being used in production by Amber developers should be added.

5. Please take a look at pdb4amber: encourage your people to incorporate
      this into their workflows; add it to tutorials; suggest improvements.
      I think a lot of the problems people report on the reflector could be
     caught with this tool (or some improved version of it).

6. A tentative tarball for AmberTools is about 0.25 Gbytes even after bzip2
     compression. Please look for large things (mostly test cases) that could
     be removed.

...more later...thx...dac