[AMBER-Developers] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3_mpi

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 20:46:57 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to build AmberTools and especially sander in parallel with
the lastest master git tree and I have the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3_mpi

More precisely:
mpif90 -DBINTRAJ -DEMIL -DMPI -fPIC -ffree-form -I../pbsa -I../sqm
[...]/amber14-git/amber-master/lib/libnetcdf.a \
                -lfftw3_mpi -lfftw3 -larpack -llapack -lblas

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3_mpi
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have checked a little and it seems that libfftw3_mpi.a is not built at
configure time (as it should?).
I have also checked the dashboard to see whether I was the only one
having this problem but it seems the cruise control has not built amber
for about one month.

The -nofftw3 configure option solves the problem of course, but it is
not the default for configure.

If needed, I can dig into AmberTools/src/configure2 and change things
but I guess that some of you are more aware of how it is written and how
it should be modified.

Gerald.

P.S.: The problem is the same whether I use the GNU compiler or the
intel compiler.

  Prof. Gerald MONARD
  SRSMC, Université de Lorraine, CNRS
  Boulevard des Aiguillettes B.P. 70239