Re: [AMBER-Developers] nofftw3 and MKL

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:03:55 -0600

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 7:44 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> The implication of this is that we can't support pmemd using the cray
> compilers (right now): we can't automatically link to FFTW3 because of license
> issues, and we can't get the Cray compilers to work with pubfft. (Not sure
> how long ago it was that anyone tried this.)

This was a few months back. There was actually an issue with both gnu
and cray compilers with pubfft (found when compiling on Bluewaters)
where anything FFT-related would fail if optimizations were turned on
for pubfft.F90. When I built pmemd with fftw3 the issue went away.
Jason ended up tracking down the issues in pubfft so I think the issue
has been fixed but I don't 100% remember. In the end we just ended up
using the PGI compile for CPU pmemd as the solution.

-Dan

> ....dac

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry