Re: [AMBER-Developers] [GIT] git repository for AMBER: RCW: Change -nopysander to -pysander - make skipping of pysander build default since it requires external libraries that are not installed by default on most systems. - Should fix CruiseControl builds.

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:42:39 -0400

On Oct 1, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> ssh root.cc_int
>
> cat /etc/redhat-release
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)
>
> yum install python-dev
>

> Loaded plugins: product-id, subscription-manager
> This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
> use subscription-manager to register.
> Setting up Install Process
> No package python-dev available.
> Error: Nothing to do
>

> python-devel exists... Is it this you want instead?

Yes, that is the RHEL/CentOS/Fedora package name. On Debian-based distros it’s python-dev.

You can install it or not. I don’t really make use of CC, so if you are more interested in making sure that the build continues to work without python-devel, that’s fine.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher