Re: [AMBER-Developers] Reliability of GPU calculations

From: Robert Konecny <rok.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:50:04 -0700

Hi Ross,

this is very useful - thanks. I'm not too worried about the failed cards,
the vendor will be replacing them for us eventough they are 1.5y old. But
we will have to incorporate some kind of regular hardware validation
protocol on our clusters - as you are suggesting. We will be automatically
scheduling this every month - this should at least give us a smaller window
when we can detect a failure. We will be also advising our users to do the
same - validate the hardware from time to time, not just on our local
clusters but on any GPU hardware they have access to. But I suspect this
will be an uphill battle to educate our users about this issue ...

Having a standalone comprehensive validation suite would be great!

Thanks!

Robert