Re: [AMBER-Developers] Reliability of GPU calculations

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:23:10 +0000

Some of your energy/NAN issues might be code-related. We've seen that sort of behavior, and it isn't the GPU (best we can tell). There is extensive discussion of the issue in a bug report. The problem seems to preferentially occur when simulating smaller systems. But, I think the precise cause(s) has/have not been determined (Scott?). So, you might consider not using results like that to determine whether a GPU is bad.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
The University of Georgia