Re: [AMBER-Developers] updating Amber.lyx

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:31:48 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014, Lachele Foley wrote:

> I think you can edit elsewhere if you do this. If this is wrong, I need
> to know, so please say. :-)

Three quick comments, although Jason has really covered the main points:

1. It *is* indeed possible to edit elsewhere and not have problems. But it's
very easy to make a mistake in doing this. My recommendation is to always stay
inside a git repo when making changes.

2. I feel bad that Nadine got mentioned here; several others have made
the same sort of mistake (which is why I started the more general thread.)

3. If you are uncertain, type "git diff origin/master -- <filename>" right
before you push things to the git.ambermd.org site. If you see diffs that you
don't recognize, you still have time to figure out what happened. (This falls
under the "do as I say, not as I do, category", however.)

....dac