Re: [AMBER-Developers] Git server very slow ...

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:16:48 -0500

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu> wrote:

> Is it specific to our network or something wrong with the git server?

It's very slow to do a "git pull" ...

Seems fine to me. If your repository is significantly out-of-date (even as
much as a couple months ago with the big merges that have happened), then
the git server may have to do some heavy lifting. Every pull requires the
remote to determine what objects need to be transferred and then it
compresses them before sending them away...

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher