Re: [AMBER-Developers] issues with born radii

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 18:26:16 -0500

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> Granted I haven't explicitly checked - but is it fair to assume that
> FF12SB is immune to this problem?
>
> I've been running lots of FF12SB + IGB8 recently. :-S

Relating to the problem of C1/C2/C3 being assigned intrinsic radii of 2.2
Å, the GBneck lookup tables are tabulated for radii between 1 and 2 Å.
 Since Amber was coded with bounds checking, you would get an appropriate
error message if you tried running a 'bad' topology file with igb==8.

So your simulations should be fine.

--Jason

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University