[AMBER-Developers] issues with born radii

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:20:01 -0400

Hi All,

I found a peculiar behavior that I need help solving.

99SBildn has created some new atom types that seems to conflict with
other names. In particular, ILE has a new C3 type, associated with the
CG2 carbon atom.

Tleap assign that CG2 as C3, and if one uses GB, it assign a value of
the Born radii of 2.2, clearly too large.

Same exact setup with ff99SB, assigns a CT type to CG2, and a born radii
of 1.7

The conflict seems to be with C3 atom names being present in some
version of the UA FFs and also in nucleic acids.

I do not want to start a flame war about how to solve the overall atom
name issue, but rather to see if someone can come up with a clever
solution short term (besides editing the prmtop !) and to tell anyone
that has used ildn with GB to be very careful and check their results...

--
                             Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
Colonel Allan R. and Margaret G. Crow Term Professor.