Re: [AMBER-Developers] Netcdf broken

From: David Case <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:36:43 -0400

On Aug 14, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I think the following commits broke netcdf:
>

> Redhat EL6
>
> git clone gitosis.git.ambermd.org:amber.git
> cd amber
> export AMBERHOME=`pwd`
> ./configure -cuda gnu
> make -j8
> make test
>
> cd gb_ala3/ && ./Run.igb1_ntc1_min SPFP /scratch1/amber/include/netcdf.mod
> ../../../bin/pmemd.cuda_SPFP: error while loading shared libraries:
> libnetcdff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> ./Run.igb1_ntc1_min: Program error
>

> Ideas?

Well, is libnetcdff.so in $AMBERHOME/lib? What netcdf libraries are there? It may be that you need to force a reconfigure of netcdf. When you run configure, does it say that it is re-configuring netcdf?

Jason has some code in there that tries to avoid a reconfigure of netcdf. It never worked for me....always saying I needed to make netcdf even if I had just made it. But maybe this code is preventing your configure from re-making. netcdf. If so, remove netcdf.mod from $AMBERHOME/lib, and try the configure step again. Make sure that you get a libnetcdff library.

...dac

p.s. post your config.h file if above suggestions don't help. Or, check the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
which may need to include $AMBERHOME/lib. We can/should go back to using the static netcdf libraries.