[AMBER-Developers] FW: [Incite-2013-pis] Postdoctoral Opportunities at the ALCF

From: Crowley, Michael <Michael.Crowley.nrel.gov>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:36:07 -0600

Hi All,
I send this in case there are postdocs or almost Ph.D's looking for this kind of position.
Cheers,
Mike
--
Michael F. Crowley, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Biomolecular Sciences Division
From: "Timothy J. Williams" <zippy.anl.gov<mailto:zippy.anl.gov>>
Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:12 AM
To: "INCITE-2013-PIs.alcf.anl.gov<mailto:INCITE-2013-PIs.alcf.anl.gov>" <INCITE-2013-PIs.alcf.anl.gov<mailto:INCITE-2013-PIs.alcf.anl.gov>>
Subject: [Incite-2013-pis] Postdoctoral Opportunities at the ALCF
Dear INCITE Principal Investigator;
Do you know a PhD candidate or postdoc looking for a postdoctoral appointment in leadership-class computational science? The Argonne Leadership Computing Facility is looking for bright young scientists from a wide spectrum of backgrounds, with the common thread being the use of high performance computing at large scale—especially applications targeting our state-of-the-art supercomputer, Mira.
We are seeking your recommendations for exceptional PhD candidates and postdocs to join ALCF as postdoctoral researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who are experienced in using large scale computing environments.
Postdocs will have technical supervision from an ALCF staff member in an area of mutual background or interest, and may collaborate with other Argonne-affiliated scientists. Initial appointments are for a period of one year, and may be extended in increments of one year or less, to a normal maximum of three years.
We expect ALCF postdocs to be users of our systems. A successful research plan is expected to touch on areas of interest to the ALCF such as, but not limited to: bringing new codes and research groups to the ALCF systems, performing very large scale simulations, computer science or systems research relevant to HPC, new algorithms, and improved parallelization and scalability of existing codes.
If you know of someone who may be interested in this opportunity, kindly refer him or her to our current job description (LCF Requisition #320485<http://web.anl.gov/jobsearch/detail.jsp?userreqid=320485+LCF&lsBrowse=POSTDOC>). You may also contact me, the Catalyst of your ALCF project, or other ALCF staff members that might share common interests. Finally, I am enclosing a recruitment flyer to be distributed as you see fit.
Best Regards,
Tim Williams, Chair
ALCF Postdoctoral committee

   ------- Timothy J. Williams, Ph.D. --- Argonne Leadership Computing Facility