Re: [AMBER-Developers] Occasional failures in pmemd serial

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:21:53 -0400

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM, <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Following the developers' meeting and the emergence of the "domdec" branch
> of pmemd, I'm looking at the state of the CPU code and trying to clear up
> some things as we work to make that one competitive against its
> counterparts in Gromacs and now CHARMM. In order to ensure that what I do
> is sane, I'm running the test suite on pmemd and I notice, out of dozens
> of tests, a few FAILURE warnings.

The Langevin integrator was broken. It looks like you had added a few
things while testing/comparing with mdgx? The commit where it was
introduced is here: 572cc0e695c42d4f39325e883ed17a621544307c

Note that you also committed some changes to sff.c which adds what appears
to be a debug printout. Was this inadvertently added as well? I'm
guessing it should be reversed as well? And the changes to the p450.nab
test program. My guess is that you did a "git commit -a" or something and
didn't notice the pmemd and sff/nab files in the list of modified files.

I've reversed the changes to dynamics.dat and pmemd tests now pass in
serial.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida