Re: [AMBER-Developers] pmemd GLYCAM EP segfault fixed

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:41:01 -0800

Excellent work Jason. :-)

Can you verify that you tested existing (no EP) runs as well like the JAC
NVE benchmark and FACTOR IX NVE benchmark. I know that a lot of the fixed
array sizes in PMEMD Bob had tuned to get maximum cache reuse so making
them arbitrarily bigger could hurt performance - unless they are only made
bigger in the EP cases such that only EP performance is affected.

A quick check on a modern CPU machine would verify if this is a concern or
not - the last time it was probably 'tweaked' was the pentium 4 days.

All the best
Ross