Re: [AMBER-Developers] [AMBER] Compiling amber parallel

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:51:59 -0400

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012, Ross Walker wrote:

> >Regular readers of this list know my usual advice (compile MPI yourself
> >using the configure scripts we provide.)
>
> Does this work for infiniband deployments? I've not got my own build of
> MPI to correctly use the IB interface on Ranger, Gordon etc.

I don't know, since I've never had an infiniband system to play with. I'm not
opposed to people using system-installed MPI's at top supercomputer sites,
although it would be helpful to know how do to things "by hand", and to
incorporate that knowledge into the appropriate scripts. If your own builds
are not working, it would be great to figure out why. Otherwise, we're
dependent on a "black-box" supplied by some vendor....

...dac