Re: [AMBER-Developers] [AMBER] Compiling amber parallel

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:13:05 -0400

I'm guessing mdgx is using some MPI-2 features that Intel MPI does not have
implemented. OpenMPI (at least as of version 1.5.x) also does not
implement a large number of MPI-2 features (such as those used by the
sander/terachem interface and pmemd.cuda.MPI). And apparently MDGX, now,
as well.

If you don't intend to use mdgx, you can just skip that building (change
MDGX from yes to no in config.h).

Also, I always suggest upgrading to the latest developer version (via 'git
pull') before reporting errors, as nobody will attempt to debug an old tree
state ;).

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,