Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fwd: [GIT] git repository for AMBER: RCW: Looks like someone forgot to tell the amber12-with-patches branch that these two bugfixes had already been applied to it.

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:15:06 -0400

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Per the recent commit:

I'm not sure if it should be part of the instructions. A nice thing about
*not* adding this step is it's a fail-safe for people that don't commit bug
fixes to the -with-patches branch (this practice was only introduced in
Amber 11 and many of the patch contributors have been doing it another way
for much longer).

Therefore, what I had been trying out was *not* having this as part of the
instructions and just periodically running

./patch_amber.py --update --ignore-fails

in the amber12-with-patches branch, It's a little messy since most patches
will fail (all *should* fail) with a message about a previously applied
patch detected. Any patch that 'slipped through' would get applied,
though, and all patch files would be dumped into the appropriate
.patches/X_Applied_Patches folder so they could be added to the repository
and properly tracked.

At the moment it was just me doing it by hand occasionally, but I'm open to
better ideas.

Thanks!

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida