Re: [AMBER-Developers] Having to run configure multiple times

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:05:02 -0400

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012, Jason Swails wrote:

> 1) We could change the AmberTools 12 release tarball to include this new
> configure script so that when new users download AT12, it will
> automagically work. Existing users, in all likelihood, have already
> applied bugfix.3 (since they configured at least once already), so this
> issue doesn't apply to them anymore.

I'm inclined to do the above. I've prepared the modified tarball (with
configure from the current master branch). Tests indicate that it is working
as expected. The key advantage I see for this is that users that just
download and install AmberTools12 once stand a better chance of getting all
the patches applied.

People that think this is a bad idea, or who have a better idea (and maybe we
haven't thought of everything) should speak up now.

Note that we also have to encourage users to re-run patch_amber.py from time
to time in order to update their codes.

....dac