Re: [AMBER-Developers] [pren.mail.utexas.edu: FW: REMD with AMOEBA]

From: Niel Henriksen <niel.henriksen.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 21:39:07 +0000

I just started doing some REMD with pmemd from Amber12.
I'm glad someone caught this.

I had been using ascii restarts ... I wasn't sure about the status of
netcdf restarts and they aren't mentioned in the manual.

Here is what I found:
- sander.MPI reads temps from the ascii restart correctly
- pmemd.MPI DOES NOT read temps from ascii restarts (they come from mdin)
- pmemd.MPI does read temps from netcdf restarts correctly

Also, the reported bugfix DOES fix the problem. I don't really understand
the history behind all the inpcrd formats being checked in inpcrd_dat.F90
but it must not be doing what we think it is.

Maybe someone else can comment from here.

Bottom line: BEWARE if using ascii restarts and REMD in pmemd.MPI

--Niel